Trident Group in-house and external OEM training/certification programs produce underwater technicians with firm knowledge of the hydrodynamics allowing them to evaluate and execute complex underwater propeller repairs.
We assist and advise owners and classification societies with the best propulsion and cost effective repair solutions on site based on our initial underwater examination.
As a result of our experiences over the past decennia we have engineered and built innovative tools and equipment for underwater propeller repair solutions beyond existing methods.
This results in more economic, timesaving and technically advanced propeller modifications and repair solutions for our clients.
Propeller repair/modification services include:
- NDT or close visual inspection/evaluation and reporting meeting OEM and class standards
- Blade straightening from 0 to 750mm into the blade and 45-50 mm in material thickness
- Static balancing meeting ISO 484 class 1or 2 (calculations on-site)
- Damaged blade section and crack removal
- Leading and trailing edge repair and modifications
- Diameter and blade area reduction
- Correction of propeller induced engine overload